Avoid Cosmetic Acupuncture if you suffer from these conditions
- High Blood pressure if uncontrolled
- Easily bruised including patients on blood thinning medication
- Haemophiliacs although you can use Cosmetic Acupuncture carefully I have experienced
- Skin Cancer
- Within four months of Botox injections in the area
- If pregnant avoid Abdominal Acupuncture
Works in 90% of cases. Be realistic, Acupuncture works with your skin and body. if you have deep, multiple lines these will not go but will fill out making your face look younger. Microcirculation will improve so your skin tone will be much better.
You need to commit to 10 Facial Acupuncture treatments for realistic results. If you give up after a few you will not achieve very much. This is why it is a good idea to pay for the treatments at the beginning, then if you do weaken you will know that you have already paid and will carry on until the end.
The following can lessen the results
- Smoking – chemicals damage the skin and make you look older.
- Sun damaged skin – always use a good sun block
- Harsh soap – can cause your skin to react adversely
- Poor diet – you need good nutrients to nourish the skin
- Excess alcohol – damages your liver and in Chinese Medicine, heats up the blood causing damage to the skin and other tissues in the body.
Are there any side effects from Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Acupuncture can rarely cause bruising to the skin this will go quickly. it is best to apply Arnica cream or gel before treatment. Occasionally when the needles are removed, the points may bleed. Please read the above Patient information for Cosmetic Acupuncture.
Ways to help treatment
Stop smoking. I can help. Do not wear make up in the Clinic. You can take it off when you get here. Use Sunscreens. No heavy moisturisers before treatment. Do not take Vitamin E above 800mg or Aspirin unless on prescription for two weeks prior as this can increase bruising. Have a good diet. Side effects are much lower with cosmetic Acupuncture than many other Cosmetic treatments.
Above all be positive!
Acupuncture offers a holistic approach to address the actual cause of skin aging. Surgery, Botulism toxin and collagen injections do not do that. They mask, without correcting, the underlying problems.